Please contact the BAKA office to place an order for the Med Kit.
This training course is designed specifically for community-based residential facilities (CBRF). This training can be used as an opportunity to refresh skills or train new staff.
DHS 83.20 (2)(d) Training of Medication Administration is provided for unlicensed staff in order to administer oral and topical medications in programs defined by DHS 83.20 (2) (d) Medication administration and management.
Any employee who manages, administers or assists residents with prescribed or over-the-counter medications shall complete training in medication administration and management prior to assuming these job duties.
This state-approved course for medication administration is intended to provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to safely administer medications in a CBRF setting.
• Medication classifications
• State statues in relation to medication administration and management
• Medication terminology and abbreviations
• Forms and routes of medications
• How to apply the “6 rights” for administering medications
• Safety, accuracy, and privacy in the administration and management of medications
– In order to be eligible for state registry, all participants must pass a State test.
– Payment must be received by BAKA before a certificate of completion will be issued.
– All terms and conditions of CCDET must be met for participants to be enrolled with the State.
This two day course provides twelve hours of training.